Sinister: How I learnt to stop worrying and love Begbie

ELIZABETH DAPLYN EDAPLYNR3N00297 at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 13 15:53:44 BST 1998

Tag wrote:
> ... Rod is right.  "The Idler" is full of the sort of writing we should
> all aspire to.  Sarcastic, well-informed, politically incorrect in all
> the right places, and in none of the wrong ones.
>
> There's Louis Theroux's unfinished jokes...
Isn't Louis Theroux the bloke who did that "Weird Weekends" thing on BBC2 a
while back?  Seeing him playing acoustic guitar (sarcastically, if that's
possible) with a proselytising mission for The Family in some godforsaken
American town was a peach, it really was.  Not to mention the episode on the
porn industry.  Hi-larious.

> Oh yes, sorry.  The Idler strikes the right balance between witty
> cynicism at careerism and the work ethic, pleasure from simple things,
> and plain old subversive decadence.  And it rules.
Alright, I'm sold.  So how do you get hold of it, then, if it's not too much
trouble, O Idle Evangelists?

             ByeBye,
                          Liz.

                Tsuki-Yuki-Hana

Twitch the blind and peep at the moon.
The big round moon like a piece of soap.
It washes the daylight out of your eyes
and fills them with night-time.

                                                Ivor Cutler