Sinister: Idle Loafers

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Aug 14 09:19:49 BST 1998

You can get The Idler from Dillons Bookshop as well. I picked it up onnce,
following a similar recommendation from McRagtag. It had Alex from Blur on
the cover, and (unless I'm very much mistaken) he was having flying lessons.
Being terribly working class, all this just contributed to my impression of
its crapness. But it's only fair to point out that everything I saw seemed
crap on that particular day. It was in Leicester.

Funkyseb:

Not ska again, please! Mick is a fantastic trumpet player and, no doubt, a
great bloke, but ska? No. Sorry, No.

I'm very much in favour of ska music. I'm going to get some one day. Quite
possibly "The Best of Don Drummond", who murdered his wife. Probably because
she said Don was a great trombone player and, no doubt, a great bloke, but
ska? No way, Don. 2-Tone is my cup of tea too. Do Nothing. Ska is one of the
poppiest forms of pop in pop history.

Speaking of wife murdering, the neighbours are arguing. It looks like
there's more chance of husband murdering though.

Tomorrow we're going to a pre-nuptial celebration in some vulture infested
mountains, enabling us to play my favourite form of Chicken - who can lie
still the longest. I hope those Liverpudlian ones from The Jungle Book are
there.

Jake:

(Sorry  to seem like I'm gloating that I've got the cd, I'm just overcome
with joy,
and remember GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT 3 weeks and a bit)

That's okay, Jake. You've just earnt yourself a huge amount of bonus points
for liking the unreleased album in a different order to the one chosen by
the band. I haven't really been keeping score on the Kudos Kompetition, but
there seems to be a flurry of late entries at the moment. Extra points for
people who subscribe to the list purely for the pleasure of gloating. When's
Sarah coming back off her holidays? I'm looking forward to some nice ink
polaroids and the return of her caustic napalm wit. At times like this her
absence is a yawning chasm of emptiness.

Peter