Sinister: mags a lot

John Johnston JohnJ at xxx.com
Fri Aug 14 09:26:28 BST 1998

Robert "The Thunderer" McTagTeam kindly provided us with the address of
the Idler and after his and Rod's robust endorsements I'm keen to check
it out. I like the idea of magazine/periodical suggestions - books and
films and all that are always being recommended.

I can only recommend When Saturday Comes if you are keen on a good footy
mag. It's great beacause it's about football not about Footballers - so
no debate about Teddy Sheringham's favourite golf courses, just stuff
about fans and the game and real issues. And it's funny too, with great
cartoons. And the WSC world cup wallchart came with free stickers! I
rest my case.

The only music mag I ever read is Select but I only get it occasionaly
nowadays. One thing that really pisses me off about it  is their
editorial veneration for the drinking/drug taking exploits of all the
stars of the hit parade...perhaps I'm just showing my age.

xx
John
Who can't wait to make "Phwoar" when playing Scrabble..