Sinister: Re:More media monitoring

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Fri Aug 14 23:03:12 BST 1998

         Evening Hipsters!
>>someone who has never been more WRONG in his life, wrote: <snip!>
:-) I've been much more wrong than that in my life!
Like when I thought that trenchcoats and the Levellers were pretty damn hep. I
was that far from a dog on a bit of string and dreads, I tell you. And I once
bought, and wore a panama hat. So there.
 I love the manics, I really do, but it's just that I don't like this last
single. (Or the album before it..) They seem to have lost their anger- I was
expecting 'repeat', and I got 'sense'.

But anyway, enough arguments! Happy p!o!p!py smiles all round! 'cause it's
summer, and Belle and Seb show no signs of going all crappy just yet.
Or do they? Mmm...

DAVID wrote that Music week wrote:
<<A cheekily titled record that should be perfect for the end of summer.
uh?
that makes it sound like a bottle of wine- B&S are perfect all the time IMHO
Christian the fish whomayhavebeenmorewrongthoughidoubtit wrote:
<<i went to the analphabetamenies page, and i listened to the sound clip. it's
<ska alright. it's not so bad either. the trumpet playing sounds sweetness to
<me.
Not ska again, please! Mick is a fantastic trumpet player and, no doubt, a
great bloke, but ska? No. Sorry, No.
Mind you, all these things are coming back.Countryfile or something like that
said the other day that Swing is coming back, and that we'll all be doing it
soon.
What's a hipster to do? I refuse to give up my flares for anyone.

Gay Byrne is retiring. A tragedy. Not only a great broadcaster, but he also
had the best name in Ireland, (second to Dick Spring.) He sounds like a
friction injury.
I shall miss him.
Okay, bye bye
Sebastian Braonain
(sorry if this has already disgraced the list-my mailer's buggered. Seb)