Sinister: Field Mice & the Orchids

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Sat Aug 15 00:26:16 BST 1998

Hello :-)
appologies for repeating that last post, everyone.
someone wrote:
<I think that it's more their common influences
<(Nick Drake, Felt, 60's pop, the Go-Betweens) than B&S being influenced
<by the Field Mice. I guess it stands to reason that a B&S fan has a good
<chance of liking the Field Mice as well.
Too bloody right! if they sound as good as they look on (virtual) paper, they
must be brilliant.
I don't suppose anyone in the UK would like to send me a tape of the
Orchids/Field Mice? I can't (as those on the tape tree will soon realise)
offer anything similarly musically fantastic, but I can promise to send
something pretty damn interesting in return, plus of course, all my undying
appreciation.

B&S content;
Stuart Murdoch's voice makes you want to laugh and cry, all at once.
It is fantastic, and I've been taking it for granted. What soul. What a God.

Seb.
(not being nasty to mods, manics fans or ska fans. I've learnt my lesson now.)