Sinister: oh eight nine one FIFTY! FIFTY! FIFTY!

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Sat Aug 15 02:30:43 BST 1998

I love having a net connection at home.  Get home from the pub, and then
answer my e-mails.  You'remybeshtfriendintheworld.

A good ol'-fashioned mix'n'match stylee message-a-rama:

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Chris wrote:

> Hurrah! Hooray! My Looper single arrived yesterday. Boo! Hiss! It didn't
> have a middle. Which of you bastards stole it?

This is why the good lord invented Bluetones 7"s.  (You didn't think you
were supposed to listen to them, did you?) Pop the middle out of them and
attach it to the record of your choice.

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, ELIZABETH DAPLYN wrote:

> Isn't Louis Theroux the bloke who did that "Weird Weekends" thing on BBC2 a
> while back?

That's the man.

> Seeing him playing acoustic guitar (sarcastically, if that's
> possible) with a proselytising mission for The Family in some godforsaken
> American town was a peach, it really was.

The bewildered look on their faces when he played George Michael's "Faith"
was worth the license fee alone.

A second series is being made... I saw a job ad in the Grauniad for a
series producer.

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, ELIZABETH DAPLYN wrote:

> Hands up everyone who likes that Hillman Minx song "I've Had Enough"?
> Marvellous if self-conscious.

Hmmm.. reminds me of that Beloved track where they just reel off a list of
names.  ("Hello"?)  The Helen Love track's better.

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, yaniv gafni wrote:

> i first heard b$s on the "alternative nation" on mtv.

Alternative Nation's about the only place I hear new music these days.
It's now taken the place in my life where Mark Radcliffe's old show used
to sit -- where I always have a paper and pen handy when I'm listening, so
that I can scribble down the names of songs that I want to investigate
further - this week's list included Scott 4, Kid Loco and Quickspace
(Anyone know when HAPPY SONG #2 comes/came out?  Cause it sounded f---ing
tops.)

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, poetryplace2 wrote:

> I give it a big trousers thumbs-up.

Can I nominate "Trouser Thumbs" as the official list euphemism?

Night night.

Rod.
                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |