Sinister: Dum dum dee dum

Gary Done gary at xxx.uk
Sat Aug 15 10:52:07 BST 1998

Mick Mcmick wrote ....

> > for Field Mice singles, so there's no excuse...  And there is going
> > to be a lovely Field Mice retrospective soon, so you can all decide
> > whether the comparisons are at all justified (look at the Shinkansen
>
> 	Yes, and some day there will be a Field Mice tribute, too.
> I think the
> retrospective will come out sooner. As a fan who was 9 years old when
> they formed, I think it's good that they are giving us the opportunity
> to hear their songs again without paying a ton of money.

Thats not always the case, I found a copy of So Said Kay in Preston market
for a quid. I don't think Sarah will ever let me live it down though. Sorry
Sarah.

Chris wrote.....

> Hurrah! Hooray! My Looper single arrived yesterday. Boo! Hiss! It didn't
> have a middle. Which of you bastards stole it?

I was a bit worried when I spotted that myself until .....

> PS: I played it anyway, by carefully positioning it near the centre of the
> turntable.

..... I rememebred I had one of those weird things you can get to stick in
the hole in a record I bought years ago so I used that.

Peter J wrote ....

> When's
> Sarah coming back off her holidays? I'm looking forward to some nice ink
> polaroids and the return of her caustic napalm wit. At times like this her
> absence is a yawning chasm of emptiness.

She's back, she got back tonight. Yes her rapier wit is one to treasure,
sending me things through the post addressed to Moonbeam is purely uncalled
for though I think. 87)

Gary

"Inside every bag of shite is a spark of gold, now it's probably just the
wrapper off a Caramac, but it's there". Paul Calf.