Sinister: American Radio and TV Commercials - Double Take (fwd)

Jessica Murphy jmurphy at xxx.Edu
Sun Aug 16 22:01:06 BST 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 14:16:17 -0400
From: Samiam <samiam2 at xxx.com>

^Currently, TV commercials in America feature much better music than
^what's played on 'progressive' radio.  My local stations are full of
^Matchbox 20 and Three Blind Mice (slag intended) -- they all sound the
^same.

It's true...  I keep hearing bands like Lush or Stereolab wafting from the
television during commercial breaks, but I never even turn on the radio
anymore because I've given up.  (Also the reception is bad in my area, so
I don't get the smaller stations.)  Have B & S ever showed up on "120
Minutes," to anyone's knowledge?

^ If
^ B&S decide what sort of commercial to have their music played with, I
^ wonder what sort of products they would endorse?

I love this question.  Some kind of sweet crispy breakfast cereal, maybe?

^If it hasn't been already answered (I'm way behind on Sinister digests),
^the Dream Academy called it quits in '91 after the 'different kind of
^weather' album.

Thanks, by the way!

jessica m