Sinister: windy and carl and lists

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Tue Aug 18 11:44:31 BST 1998

i like windy and carl but then everyone know's that i have limited
taste. i especially love the blue 10" that had a hand inked cover. very
quaint. the record was great too, especially 'Kate'. perhaps we should
get a copy for adrian so he can have two Kates. but if you don't like
music that sounds like clouds of sea mist give it a miss. if you do like
said sounds, can i also recommend (again) the Windsor For The Derby
record?

lists: my favourite list song is St Etienne, 'Fake 88'. it's on the
fan-club cd 'i love to paint' and also appeared on one of those Volume
compilations. it has stephen duffy reciting a whole load of things from
the 80s. it's very funny, but only, i suspect, if you're old and sad.

the new Lambchop record has no list songs, as far as i can make out, but
it is very very fine indeed. out the same day as the new B&S record,
which will make for a fine double bill. the 'new country' article in
Uncut this month is most amusing...

the duke

oh, can i also just add that i got email this morning from someone at
http://www.unamerican.com and it seems they are giving away 'Fuck Work'
stickers, which i have to say i find very appealing. i haven't headed
over to the site yet, but it does sound promising.
--

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
http://website.lineone.net/~tangent/index.html
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net