Sinister: List songs

Mark Iles iles at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 18 13:01:34 BST 1998

>Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 11:48:41 +0100
>From: JJ <johnj at xxx.com>
>Subject: Sinister: yes yes Ikea have got the Robin CD cabinet in! in GREEN
>
>How many other list songs have there been? I remember the Billy Joel
>song We Didn't Start The Fire, and of course A House's Endless Art/
>More Endless Art (and it's erm tribute, the Divine Comedy's Booklovers)
>but there must have been more.

There's also 'It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)' by
REM, which is ace. And 'Hit' by the Wannadies is kind of a list song - he
lists the days of the week at least.

>I think that Hillman Minx song is
>utter rubbish though. Just WHY has he had enough of all the things he
>mentions? We never find out.

I think he's just sick of them. All the things he moans about could be
described as 'ubiquitous' so I guess he's just tired of seeing the same
mediocre things again and again and again. The only one I can remember,
though, is Ginger Spice. I quite like the song, myself. It'd be funnier if
they'd included Angus Deayton in the list of people he'd had enough of -
well it'd be funnier when you watched the video (which starts well but runs
out of steam after about thirty seconds).

				Mark