Sinister: Re: Strong Island

Martin, Ezra martine at xxx.com
Tue Aug 18 13:57:00 BST 1998

Hello list.  This is my first post and I'd just like to address an issue
here:

>staten island maybe? though that would be a laugh, to classify staten
>island as an "exotic place!" the most maligned of the boroughs of New
>York, it's really only one step away from lawn guyland or new joisey.
>home of mall rats and auto detailers and all that.....>

>hey, you mustn't forget that running the entire length of staten island
is
>a garbage dump, too!! A real dandy of a place to live.

The is entirely untrue, and in fact a bit ridiculous.  The dump, while
quite large, is only in one area of an uninhabited piece of land.  I
personally hate the place, but I can knock it because I know it.  A
maligned borough?  Probably.  But we aren't all sewer rats who eat toxic
waste for breakfast.

Introducing myself, my name's Ezra, been listening to B &S a bit over
1.5 years now.  My other fave bands (these days) are: the Sundays, Half
String, Slowdive, Senator Flux, and the Smiths.  I've also been
listening to a lot of Crowded HOuse, old REM, Big Country...I look
forward to meeting all of you!

 -Ezra