Sinister: List songs

Neil Dewhurst NeilD at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 18 13:54:45 BST 1998

Don't know how many of these have been mentioned, so apologies to all
and sundry...

It's the end of the world as we know it, is the most obvious, although
someone has now mentioned it.  Subterranean Homesick Blues at least
sounds like a garbled list, regardless of what BD is on about.  If 'Hit'
counts, then 'Friday I'm in love' could go on.  'Glad' by, I think,
Spaghetti Head.  The crown choice though would be an eighties song
called 'Hey Matthew', by Karel Fialka (or something like that), in which
a small boy tells someone what he watches on TV.

U2's Numb is almost a list song, except that it's really lots of things
that you should or shouldn't do - like "don't be in U2, don't sing like
Bono, sell less records in your home country than Daniel O'Donnell..."

When I saw the video for the Hillman Manx song, I couldn't help
wondering whether the line "I've had enough of Angus Deayton making
large amounts of money purely by being smug and ironic" would appear
anywhere in the song.

Neil