Sinister: "What is the use of a book", thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"

debbie debbie.prior at xxx.com
Tue Aug 18 14:23:26 BST 1998

> On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Tara Widmer wrote:
> > Also does REM's "It's the End of the World..." count as a list?

 Well, then I suppose we should include Bob Dylan's 'Subterranean Homesick
Blues' as well.
Oh and there's also that song called 'Superstar' (I think) by Nilon
Bombers. But that's a bit rubbish. And probably loads of others that I
could mention if I bothered to go upstairs and check.

I know he's been mentioned many times before, but I bought a Nick Drake cd
with the pittance I got of Echo for selling them my old rubbish cds and it
is ace. Especially 'Hazy Jane II' which is very B&S. I don't usually notice
comparisons between bands, but this is great. You should all go and get it
now, cos I say so.

Also, can anyone recommend any good music biogs? I'm hooked on them at the
moment for some reason and am currently reading one on the wonderful Patti
Smith but am nearly finished and would like to know what else is good.
Thanks!
I wonder who'll be the first to write a B&S biography... most bands
nowadays seem to have a crappy 40 page book out after their first album,
but then they seem to have far more press photographs to fill out the gaps
where the author can't think of anything to write...

love,
Debbie

"We are all the same, everybody is the same, only it is the prerogative of
youth to believe that this is not so."