Sinister: List songs

carly marcoux idoruzine at xxx.com
Tue Aug 18 15:05:57 BST 1998

morning all,

would anyone consider '17 reasons (why I love her)' i think; by my life
story (that's WITH the two bonus reasons) a list song? and what about
that blur track on trainspotting where damon names all of the james bond
movies he's in love with? or has anyone mentioned that already... is
anyone familiar with momus? he must have a list song on one of his
albums for sure... i'd have to make a check on that one tho.

b&s content: quite lovely was the track on the jeepster site set aside
for liquid audio last week... very impressed was i! can't wait to hear
the album so i can play it 20x ev'ry day...

typing into the wee hrs of the morn.xo sammi.

hiyo!*-ling!

p.s. speaking of carter...this is quite a lovely one i think...

"This is our future and it starts with a C,
It stands for care in the comunity.
And I've got you to care for me so I can care for you.
The north and south are divided no more,
So you and I can be equally poor
And all the things I love you for,
Won't pay for food and gas.
And flattery will get you nowhere fast.
What we need is a roof overhead
An old settee and a room with a bed
An old TV to feed your head
With news, and films, and soaps
Maybe then we can try for a child
The news at 10 with a beautiful smile
A boy or girl to save the world
With peace and love for you
And Peace and Love,
Will get you nowhere too.
And I know that it won't be you,
And you know it won't be me
This is the future and it starts with a C,
It stands for care in the comunity.
And I've got you to care for me
So I can care for you.
The north and south are divided no more,
So you and I can be equally poor
And all the things that I adore
Won't pay for food and gas.
And flattery will get you nowhere fast."

sad but quite beautiful "Nowhere Fast."