Sinister: RE:R**k Biographies

Lesley Higgins LeslieH at xxx.COM
Tue Aug 18 22:27:42 BST 1998

Adam suggested getting Julian Cope's 'Head On": I second that, it's a
great
book, I've read it at least twice since I got it a few years ago.  From
the
same era is "The Glamour Chase" , a biography of Billy Mackenzie from
the Associates.
I just finished reading that this week, a friend was kind enough to
schlep it back from
London for me.  Another personal favorite is Lester Bangs' "Psychotic
Reactions + Carburetor Dung", which is not rock biography, but an
assortment of reviews and rants.
It probably puts me in the boring old bastard bin too, as it's from the
seventies.

the alcohol loves you, while turning you blue,

Lesley