Sinister: "What is the use of a book", thought Alice...

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Tue Aug 18 23:01:45 BST 1998

Debbie wrote:
<<I wonder who'll be the first to write a B&S biography... most bands
nowadays seem to have a crappy 40 page book out after their first album,
but then they seem to have far more press photographs to fill out the gaps
where the author can't think of anything to write...>>
         I suggest we do it...not all of us, obviously, but it would be quite
nice to see the likes of Tag and Peter Miller and Roddd and everyone else I
can't think of having a chapter each, and then the Duke writing a chapter that
flatly contradicts all the others. I couldn't stand seeing some egomanic NME
journo cashing in, with a badly researched glossy, stuffed with old reviews
and press releases.
         Actually, I get the feeling that if anyone's going to write a book,
it'll be the band themselves. And I'd much rather read some beautiful lies
about Dishwashers and All night cafes than about what really happened
anyway...

Then she said:
<<I know he's been mentioned many times before, but I bought a Nick Drake cd
with the pittance I got of Echo for selling them my old rubbish cds and it
is ace. Especially 'Hazy Jane II' which is very B&S.>

I've probably mentioned this before, but I'm producing a play based on Nick
Drake's life. Only names & details are changed, 'cause I don't want Gabrielle
Drake to sue my arse off. I've called the main character Sebastian, and the
love interest Belle, obviously, and as a result, the play's getting more and
more B&S by the second, which wasn't really the idea...
Anyway, if anyone's got any good ideas, please e-mail me, as it's looking a
bit shite at the moment. And if anyone wants to help ( he said desperately)
please look at my production company's site:
            PISH!    http://members.aol.com/Pishco/index.html

Right. Plug over. Sorry Honey.

Seb
PS, Are you still writing that P!O!P! book Duke? I'd love to buy a copy.