Sinister: when we travel I read books

Mphintz at xxx.com Mphintz at xxx.com
Wed Aug 19 01:48:22 BST 1998

dear dear lovely lovely brian wrote:

<<statton island, on the other hand, sounds very interesting indeed. devoted
to musical minimalism and and the choppy guitar playing of stuart moxham?>>

	I just called my travel agent and learned a bit more information about
Statton Island.  Apparently, it is not too far from the cosmopolitan decadent
city of el and rather close to two-tone west country scenes of Sarah.  I may
be wrong, but I believe the northern city of Belle and Sebastian is only a bus
ride away from these three places.

	As for music biographies, I just a finished one on the Go-Betweens.  Now the
cover looks awful (someone must have picked the worst publicity shot), but the
book itself is quite informed and informative.  However, reading it you
already know the ending--the band breaks up!  It was very sad.

	In the magazine "The Big  Takeover", in an interview with Edwyn Collins, the
esteemed is asked about Belle and Sebastian.  He says that he has never heard
their music but did meet them on a plane from Scotland to London.

	My Bloody Valentine have a song "Honey Power"--does this mean that the Spice
Girls' schtick was stolen from our own dear HoneyPaul?  Can you imagine the
stick-figure Honey in platforms and a tight miniskirt (the tightest since he
is already a stick!)

			Living and loving
					Matthew