Sinister: the benefits of Matador

Carrick C Blair carrick44 at xxx.com
Wed Aug 19 04:25:09 BST 1998

are that you can go to your local Indie R!O!C!K! store were they still
love you for spending all your money as a teenager buying Husker
Du and Dinasour Jr. records and ask them to call up Matador and
ask for a promo of the TBWTAS. You come back a few days later
and they pass it on to you. I think I'll buy the record proper from
them when it comes out just as a thank you and the for the fact
that I never buy anything from them anymore.

Won't give away any secrets, but I'll just say that what I thought was
going to be my least favorite song, is one of my most favorite songs.
And what I thought was going to be my favorite song is one of my least
favorites.  Just say BOO TO THE MOOG. OR WHATEVER'S MAKING
THAT SILLY SOUND RUINING MY FAVORITE SONG, THE SONG THAT
PRODUCED LITERAL TEARS OF JOY WHEN I FIRST HEARD IT LIVE
IN NEW YORK LAst september. I'm tired of holding down the shift key.
sorry for all that. I do like the bagpipes, though. Oh well, it seems I
let some secrets out. Well, you all be reading the reviews soon, anyway.

And I'm now going to claim to have the first dream with a song from
the new LP contained within. I was in a school gymnasium sitting
at a table, when off in the distance I hear the faintest strains of
Rollercoaster Ride emanating from what I find out is a tiny transistor
radio. When I get to the table with the radio everybody is smiling,
and for some reason my chair gets real small and the table in which
the radio is sitting on gets real tall. Then I woke up smiling. At least
that's how I remember it.

And for all those boys lusting after St. Lucy planning to convert to
Catholicism, if you look closely you'll see she is wearing a Star of
David around her neck. So make that Judaism. Which depending
on what level of Orthodoxy dear St. Lucy holds up to, and what your
parents decided to do with your "song snake" when you were born,
might involve a rather painful medical procedure.

Speaking of St. Lucy, a message to her boytoy Tag, I will drop a line
soon. I just haven't gotten around to it. you do remember, the Looper
basher. The first I might add.

Love
Carrick, the Luddite who still thinks Looper are a bit pishy, and that
Spaceboy Dream is furlongs better than Spaceboy Dream #3. That's
depth, baby. Soul, Deep Soul. Well not that deep. More boogie woogie
than deep.

listening to Sea Urchins - Live in London, which I'm glad I got for free,

because it sounds a bit pishy as well. I think the liner notes are the
best
part.