Sinister: out with a bang (if only for a week) baby

megan mkl206 at xxx.edu
Wed Aug 19 08:30:33 BST 1998

hello sinisterines

as usual i am in a state of complete disarray and cannot remember what i
told who last, so to clear the record, i'm going to be m.i.a. for the next
ten days or so before reappearing in my missed new york city.  four months
but it took more time to get used to not being there than to get used to
being there, but whatever.  it's been a good summer, and i love all of you
that i got a chance to meet, if i haven't already said that 7 or 8 times.
but there is a point, for the first time in a long time, someone has had a
sinister dream (that they've reported to the list, i think some of you have
been holding out) and from another new yorker oddly enough.

At 11:25 PM 8/18/98, Carrick C Blair wrote:
>And I'm now going to claim to have the first dream with a song from
>the new LP contained within. I was in a school gymnasium sitting
>at a table, when off in the distance I hear the faintest strains of
>Rollercoaster Ride emanating from what I find out is a tiny transistor
>radio. When I get to the table with the radio everybody is smiling,
>and for some reason my chair gets real small and the table in which
>the radio is sitting on gets real tall. Then I woke up smiling. At least
>that's how I remember it.

well, i'm not sure about being the first one to dream with the new lp in
mind, but i think this one is pretty straight forward.  if your years at
school were anything like mine, than the school gym probably represents
some unpleasant scenes involving failure at sports and torment by peers (i
actually mispelled that as pears, which is pretty funny.  i mean, who would
think that pears would be rude?) so as such, it could represent the world.
the classmates represent the citizens of the world, and the transistor is
symbolic of belle and sebastian as a relatively small group of people in a
remote section of the world.  (and yes, scotland is remote to most of the
people who don't live there).  the table growing in proportion to the
chair's shrinkage symbolizes the realization of the paltriness of one's own
problems in relation to those of the world as a whole.  so basically this
is a really happy world peace dream which seems a bit reminiscent of the
small world ride at disneyland with better music.  can you believe i only
got a b in psych?

allright, before i cause too much more damage, i'd just like to say, good
night and saint lucy bless.

xoxoxoxoxo
megan