Sinister: listing to star bored

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Tue Aug 18 19:20:44 BST 1998

Ian Turton wrote:
some fine things about Denim, all of them true. he also says he likes
the fact they mentioned the Bell records label... well have you seen the
'original' denim logo? it's basically the bell logo with 'denim' beside
it. tres chic.

> Did you know Greg Luganis is gay ?

Sarah, and other MSP fans, who will know better than me; was it richey
who said 'all rock and roll is homosexual'? well i guess that can go for
all art or all ife or something, i dunno. i don't really care about
people's sexuality, if they're sexy they're sexy and if they're not, big
deal. my outlook on life must be self-reflective or something.

but since we're in that area, i thought of another list song in the
Future Bible Heroes 'memories of love'. well it's kind of a list song.
and jonathan richman's 'that summer feeling', is that a list song? i
guess it is. it's magical anyway, but you all knew that of course.

> > the 'new country' article in Uncut this month is most amusing...
>
> Care to expand on this just a wee bit ? Amusing cos it bollocks, or cos it
> takes the piss amusingly, or, er, what ?

it's just so funny to be seeing a magazine writing about 'the new
country' at this point in time... the article is mainly bollocks, but
it's going to be kind of interesting for newcomers, or even to old sods
like me who kind of drifted away after Uncle Tupelo split up. I remember
writing about Uncle Tupelo, Swell, Jayhawks etc in my 'melody haunts my
reverie' zine back in, oh god, 1992, and feeling a bit like a latecomer
even back then! So i dunno, it was kind of a weird feeling. The cover CD
is good though, and makes me want to hear more of quite a few of the
newer groups.

respect.

the duke
--

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
http://website.lineone.net/~tangent/index.html
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net