Sinister: elliott smith

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Wed Aug 19 12:27:55 BST 1998

Bramleys wrote:
> has anyone heard any of elliott smith's music?

i'm sure loads of others have too, but here's my views: he's bloddy ACE.
i got three CDs on Domino, and i like the sketchy four track stuff best,
but then that's me all over usually. unusually, i'd say that most of the
comparisons made by journalists are about right, although i dunno about
the cobain bit because, well, i just don't know enough about cobain. but
i'd suggest it's a lazy journo trick to get the punters interested.

the vocals on 'coming up roses' is kind of bolan, but i still love it.
he also has a song with goes on about "killing the southern belle",
which i hope isn't portentious.

anyway, suffice to say i'm double looking forward to the two shows i'm
attending. maybe i'll see bethy and jon g and notts. who knows...

respect,

the duke
--

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
http://website.lineone.net/~tangent/index.html
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net