Sinister: Me and my girl, sealclubbing

Mctaggart, Robert MctaggartR at xxx.com
Wed Aug 19 13:49:29 BST 1998

Hello,

...and goodbye.  I am leaving you for a couple of weeks to go up North
(please note the absence of a "y" in that last word).  I'm going to
Iceland.  And I am looking forward to it with intense intensity.  We're
going to look at volcanos.  Hopefully one will erupt on an uninhabited
island off the coast rathen than directly under my feet.  Are volcanos
sexy, or am I a pervert?  I'm going pony riding (yes, I am a pervert),
I've decided.  Icelandic ponies have an extra type of movement you know,
other than walk, trot, run, canter and gallop.  I'm a mind of
information.

I'm looking forward to meeting lots of you (again) in a couple of weeks
time.  I couldn't decide which shows to leave out so I thought
"Bollocks, I'll go to all of them".  I'm not ashamed to say that I am
very excited.

It looks like a good time to depart as the conversation drifts to lists
of list songs.  "John Ketley is a weatherman".  Dear God - have we
really sunk this low?  Nice to see the Duke of Hazzingay casually
mentioning a St Etienne song you can't bloody get anywhere.  What would
Rosco P!O!P! Coltrane say about that, eh?  The only list song worth
mentioning is the strident anthem for the People's Republic of Sinister,
which I will write in my mind, as I gaze wistfully towards Canada.

Do you know there's somewhere in Baffin Island which translates from
Inuit as "The place where two men kissed for no reason and the caribou
ran away"?

Now I shall love you and leave you.

Robert Jamesson xxx