Sinister: Book 'a D

Ian Turton buffalo at xxx.uk
Wed Aug 19 15:07:39 BST 1998

My favourite musical biography is Bob Dylan, Performing Artist by Paul Williams.
Straight ahead no-nonsense stuff, v. insightful. I was at the beginning of what
looked like a steep Dylan learning curve when I read it, and it kind of pointed
in me in mostly all the right directions

The duke of harringay (who listed just about all my other favourite biogs)
wrote:

> > Did you know Greg Luganis is gay ?
>
> Sarah, and other MSP fans, who will know better than me; was it richey
> who said 'all rock and roll is homosexual'? well i guess that can go for
> all art or all ife or something, i dunno. i don't really care about
> people's sexuality ...

Oh, I just stuck that in there as a parody of whoever else thought it *was* very
pertinent to blurt that sort of thing out. For those who don't know, Greg
Luganis was an Olympic diving champion (there's some famous footage of him
hitting his head on the board his way down from a dive). I'd just been talking
about a bar being a dive. I was trying to make the statement more stark and
tangential, to throw the comment's inherent daftness into greater relief. Or
some such bobbins.

A friend insisted last week that a cup of tea had more caffeine in it than a cup
of coffee. Others proceeded to back her up. Should I just just ditch one of the
central tenets of my belief structure without a fight ?  That's a nopey nope,
Alfie. I shall plunder science. Notify ground crews.

Tag wrote:

> I'm a mind of information.

Maybe the older you get, the more this belief structure erosion happens. See,
I've being saying/writing *mine* of information all this time. Like a giddy
goddamn fool.

yluTurt

a couple dancin' close and drunk
in the spray of lights they made.