Sinister: down in oakhampton

Nick Dastoor nickdastoor at xxx.com
Wed Aug 19 18:46:40 BST 1998

Nick Dastoor wrote:
> I like the line about the Asian cab driver's love/hate affair with his
> racist Old Compton clientele.

>the duchess, on first hearing 'the boy with the arab strap' said
>:"down in Oakhampton??". i said no.

the duke

Say no, by all means, but don't stifle the whole mishearing thing. Has
anyone else got any comic misunderstandings to add to the list collected
a while ago (see the 'Stuff' section of the website)?

'Belle and Sebastian/On the radio/Singing songs for lunatics' Laugh?
Yes, I did.

Has anyone else recklessly bought tickets for Leeds and Nottingham
without having any idea where they are going to stay?  Youth hostel
tips, anyone?

My contribution to why Macs are better than PC's:

They make messages in the Sinister archive occasionally appear in
turquoise.  Isn't that clever?

Nick xxx