Sinister: Eeeeet. Sleeeeep. Driiiiiiink. MIN-TEEEE!

J Errington james at xxx.com
Wed Aug 19 19:08:35 BST 1998

Seb said;
> what about 'That's Nice' called by Minty? Maybe not totally a list
> song, but kind of. For those not lucky enough to have heard it, it consisted
> of a man reading deadpan list of things 'a cup of tea, and a slice of life'
> which a squarky woman would then declare 'nice'.
> It was one of those songs that I hated so much that I ended up loving it to
> bits, like Fake DIY by Bis, and that one by Tiger. Odd how that happens, isn't
> it?
Oh yes, Minty! Their album has been in my CD player since it came out. Sadly
they have now split and become part along with the 'even stranger' Off-Set.
Meanwhile, their best 'List Song' remains Useless Man, which goes:

bootlicking, pissdrinking, fingerfrigging,
tit-tweaking, lovebiting, arselicking, shit-stabbing,
muthafucking, spunk-loving, ballbusting, cocksucking,
fistfucking, lipsmacking, thirstquenching, cool-living,
ever-giving useless man.

about 25 times. Recognise it? The squarky woman is Nichola Bowery, Widow
of performace artist and Minty founder Leigh. I'm so glad I saw them live - a
band that can shock even todays audiences really are something (This involves
amongst other things, the naked  - except for a giant tubey plastic hat - lead
singer (i.e. Nichola) pissing into a plastic cup at the end of the set)
	My fave list song, though, is 'British Children On Smack' by The
Yummy Fur which goes "British mums / British dads / Get your children off the
smack / And onto something friendlier / Onto something healthier / Like...." and
then goes on to list a lot of things. Indecypherably. Several of them involve the
word 'prostitute'.

Jess said
> By the way, Honey: i'm watching you.
Well done Jess, you too have found the Honeycam website at
www.geocities.com/tweepop/peephole/shameless/1986

		Yours about to change his sig file.
		Yes, again.
				WeeJay