Sinister: Nottingham - real B&S content (sort of)!!!!

jon g. jon.g at xxx.com
Wed Aug 19 21:52:03 BST 1998

Well, I've blown it now.

Anyway, kids, I think it's time to make plans.  It's very important.

Right, well.  Me and bethey are going to Nottingham to see someone called
Belle & Sebastian.  Anyone heard of them?  Anyway, I was just wondering if
anyone else was going and if they'd like to do anything while we're there.
You see, kids, me and bethey have been discussing since Manchester what
we're going to do next time at a B&S gig.  And here's what we came up with
(in a top ten list):

Top ten things for us to do in Nottingham
===============================
1. Have a picnic before the gig.  This would be really fun.  Honest.  We can
eat pork pies, scotch eggs and sun-maid raisins while chatting with other
strange people years older than us.

2. Scream all the time the band are on stage a la Beatles.  This could get
us a few black-eyes.

3. Wear name badges saying 'My name is......' so all listees can recognise
each other and all non-listees get very jealous of not being in a weird
name-badging cult.

4. Try and touch Stuart Murdoch / Isobell Campbell / Chris Geddes.  Just
touch their hands and then never wash it again.

5. Sing along to every song and dance and that.

6. Burn 'I am feeling sinister' / 'I have an arab strap' / the name of your
favourite list member into your arm with a soldering iron a la
goth-rock-heavy-metal-punk fan.  This could hurt.

7. Faint when B&S get on stage.

8. Cry when B&S play 'the fox in the snow' or something like it.

9. Break into the star dressing rooms and then have a chat with B&S and be
shocked when you realise they can talk like fairly normal people, despite
being the subject of your obsession.

10. Get yourself invited up on stage to do a guest performance on Chris'
Hammond / Isobel's own song / etc.

The prize for anyone fulfilling all of these requirements will be most
wonderful.

Anyway, shall we really have a proper picnic before?  It would be most
exciting.  Does anyone know the area of Nottingham in question?  And shall
we wear name badges?

You see, I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED.  Just two weeks and 2 and a half
days to go.

Someone, calm me down please.

Thank-you for listening,

love,

jon g. [going slowly mad]
jon.g at btinternet.com - http://surf.to/jongandbethey

¦    #
#
¦ # 0 #  ---------------------------------------------------  # 0 #
¦    #
#
¦------------------------------------------------------------------------
¦ ps.  good luck to anyone who is getting their a-level
¦         exam results tomorrow.  we all love you.
¦    #
#
¦    #
#

q: do people go psychadelic naturally (ie. without the pills)?  I think I
have done.  It's very worrying, my children.  Oh dear.