Sinister: And so was Ulrika Jonnnnsssonn (sp?)

Mark Crutch xav at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 20 11:41:00 BST 1998

>>share your shame. Remembering John Kettley Is A Weatherman, however,
>>gets you _huge_ bonus points in my book.

> How many do i get knocked off for ...gulp...Snooker Loopy?
> "pot the red and screw back for the yellow, green, brown, blue, pink and
black"

Well, to sound a little Clive Andersonish (Andersonian?), "That's one
million points off for suggesting that, and an extra half point to everyone
else for blanking it from their minds". BTW does anyone else think that
Clive should have stopped with the "witty" scoring system after... oooh...
about the second season.

Anyway, another list song suggestion. This is one of htose "modern folk
songs" that probably nobody knows the origins of. The person that tried to
teach it to me started, then realised he couldn't remember most of it (he's
the same with jokes and punchlines, grrr!), so if anyone knows anymore of
it than this, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. It's a list of London Underground
stations to the tune of the can-can:

"Take a train from Amersham, and you can get to Daggenham
Tottenham and Ickenham, but nothing rhymes with Finchley Central..."

Xav

xav at compsoc.man.ac.uk
http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~xav
"It hath whirred into life"