Sinister: Tony and the superhighway

david kitchen shop at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 20 17:44:26 BST 1998

Nic Pillinger wrote:

> > If anyone outside London is feeling jealous that they cannot share the joys
> > of X-FM, don't fret too much, they still play at least one Oasis song EVERY
> > morning, and they are making a big deal about playing the new Beautiful
> > South single - alternative? Hello?
>
> well after today they need not fret at all since Capital just sacked
> most of the Xfm dj's and have changed everything around. Anyone that
> hasn't noticed the way they have "subtly" changed the programming over
> the last month must be deaf or stupid.
>
> Its just so annoying - we spent so long waiting for it and Capital are
> determined to shaft us now that we finally got it. BASTARDS!

it's actually worse than everyone thinks, apart from sacking half the
dj's, has anyone noticed that we're now listening to a tape, and that
there are NO dj's at the other end. great back to back music, but it's
ALL embrace!

> David mentioned the Salako in-store thing again:
>
> London - Rough Trade - Talbot Road
>         5:30/6 p.m. for around 30 minutes
>
> But I trashed the first message so i don't know the date, anyone like to
> oblige?

this friday afternoon

david kitchen

     david kitchen : merchandising and websites : jeepster records

                         http://www.jeepster.co.uk/
                http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/

                       mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message
     there is no need to subscribe if you are on the 'sinister' list