Sinister: Re: Re:

J Errington james at xxx.com
Thu Aug 20 18:31:59 BST 1998

Ronan said:
> Music biogs - does "Lost In Music" by Giles Smith count?  Basically a pop
> music "Fever Pitch", which I know everyone and their dog have copied, but
> still a good read and a good laugh.  Bloddy good.
Yup, a classic. Do any listies have a copy of the first album by his band, the
cleaners from venus? I will pay GOOD money for it!
If you're in any doubt, let me tell you this: He finds himself at one point touring
germany with the band while the singer/songwriter has gone off to do some
gardening (so he has to impersonate his voice) The MD of his record company
came to the last gig, shook his head and walked out, the album has sold about
ten copies, his management are bankrupt, his bassist is about to be deported
to japan, and to make things worse he's accidentally got on the wrong side of
the berlin wall without his passport.
Very funny. Only ignore his theories about pop music. They're pish.

Anyway, anyway, anyway I've had some good news and some bad news today:
The good news is that I got ABC in my A-Levels which means I've easily got
into Southampton. I'm going out to celebrate.
The bad news, as reported by the NME, is that the best live band ever - EVER -
Gallon Drunk, have split. So I'll mourn while I'm celebrating.

				WeeJay

"...I'll fight him in my dreams,
And I'll fight him 'till he kills me.
Killer in the home.