Sinister: My First Post (by Fisher Price)

Phil Houghton phil.houghton at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 20 22:08:46 BST 1998

Hullo Sinister People

I've been lurking around here menacingly for about a fortnight now, but
I haven't sent in anything.  That's because I haven't been reading that
much.  That's because I always think "this is my third Sinister digest
today, I don't have TIME to read all these".  But in fact, it would only
be ten minutes a throw at most, and every time I do read through one, it
seems to be full of fascinating people, none of whom seem to have been
struck by 90s-media-homogenisation.  It's wonderful.  From now on I
shall print off my Sinister digests in the morning and read them in my
lunch hour at work.

Anyhoo, a little about me: heard "The State I'm In" on Radcliffe way
back when, and immediately sent off for Tigermilk (that is 400 quid just
waiting to happen isn't it - just waiting for the day when I'm
sufficiently strapped to want to flog it).  When I bought "Sinister" it
made me want to be bisexual.  "Fox In The Snow" is probably my favourite
B&S song, and other fey artists which I love, and I'm sure you would
too, are Nick Drake and Michael Head (ex-Pale Fountains).  Non-fey peeps
that I like are Prince (when he was Prince), Van Morrison, Cocteau
Twins, Kate Bush, REM and Ani DiFranco.  My favourite book is still,
rather tragically, Catcher In The Rye and my favourite film is The
Fisher King.

Fascinating stuff eh?  Mmmmmmmmm, Sheffield has killed my mojo.

--
Phil Houghton