Sinister: under a table in Soho

Richard Hutt harrypalmer66 at xxx.com
Fri Aug 21 00:17:27 BST 1998

>"Moon the Loon: The Amazing Rock'n'Roll Life of Keith Moon"
> This was writen by Keith's personal assistant

…and the best thing about it by far is the glossary of terms/language in
the back. I don't have it to hand, but remember it as a saucy rockstar
version of that cockney rhyming slang book that everyone has in their
toilets. With its aid, one can learn to speak Moon, circa '74.

Also on the Who tip, Simon Napier Bell's "Will You Still Love Me
Tomorrow?" Has some great bits about Kit Lambert and the Who in some
orgy styled scenario….it's also the best book about pop ever - he wrote
the title song (in ten minutes), and managed Marc Bolan, Wham, and the
Yardbirds. There's a  chapter on John's Children called "A Bunch of
C**ts", where he invents psychedelia, mostly to drown out the
incompetence of the band with a wall of noise. And a bit where he meets
John Lennon under a table in Soho in 1965.

Am I the only person actively avoiding blagging an advance copy of the
elpee because I want the perverse thrill of being a pleb and going to
buy it with my hard - earned? There's something so cheesy about advance
copies, like being in a guestlist queue that's much longer than the real
queue.

That sneak peek into September was far too terrifying. I'm going to
include it in every post between now and October, so's we can see if it
comes true or not.

Richard