Sinister: The biography thread...and just where is the needle??!! <g>

KimbrJack at xxx.com KimbrJack at xxx.com
Fri Aug 21 03:29:10 BST 1998

Hello Listeees!!

First post...be gentle!

A great bio/rock book in general is Diary of a Rock Star  by Ian Hunter the
lead singer of the seminal glam band   Mott the Hoople. I believe it came out
initally in '73 or'74 or thereabouts, then disappeared...It was a minor
masterpiece!!!    It was his detailing of the bands first US tour   and is has
all the drug/drink/hotel trashings type of excesses told in Ian's wicked
brutal truth style.......Its funny, sad, revealing and it makes u feel as if u
are sitting across from Ian as he tells u all this in some run down breakfast
nook in Gary, Indiana........In a word, this book is the bomb!!

Its been re-released in the UK I know, within the last yr      Damn  I wish we
Yanks could get our grubby mits on it here!!!

Love, Kim
(last name soon to be Cole from Tonbridge, Kent!!..I say, "I Do!! Zak!!)
Billings, Montana USA..... The only B&S fan for at least 1000 miles!!!!
this place is a cultural wasteland!  (i.e. cowboys dont know jack about indie
music!!)

"she's a volume freak"
Judy Staring at the Sun  ("Happy Days" 1995)
Catherine Wheel