Sinister: the apartment people must pay!!!!!!!!

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Fri Aug 21 07:04:34 BST 1998

> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:09:07 +0100
> From: "Hicks, Simon" <SHicks at xxx.uk>
> Subject: Sinister: Kerrang!
>
> Did anyone see Belle & Sebastian's mention on Teletext yesterday (I was
> bored, can you tell?).  Having announced all the nominees for the
> Kerrang "music" awards they rather amusingly pointed out that there were
> "surprisingly no nominations for Belle & Sebastian".  Where would we be
> without irony and wit?

Har har...

Speaking of awards and being nominated:

It's not some snob thing for me, but here are other bands that have been
ignored by music awards:

Velvet Underground
The Smiths....
....that is, until recently when it got a life time achievement something
or other......

 Most awards the great bands get are the life time "oops we screwed up and
didn't acknowledge you" things.

Bands and acts that have been acknowledged:

Hootie and the Blowfish
Paula Abdul
Milli Vanilli

> Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:53:00 +0100
> From: Mark Casarotto <Mark at xxx.com>
> Subject: Sinister: Puffin hell!

Everything's a copyright violation if you're rich.....

> On a totally different note, as we have established that we are all
> willing members of a cult, what are we going to do when the apocalyptic
> influx of new listees is upon us from September 7th onwards? Is there
> going to be some kind of means test for entry, or bizarre and possibly
> illegal initiation ritual?

 The ones who join after October aren't "true" fans since they didn't buy
the album right away, and therefore we won't be kind to those people and
use Vasoline.

s.s.