Sinister: It's so much better on etch-a-sketch

Reid Dossinger reid.dossinger at xxx.com
Fri Aug 21 14:51:09 BST 1998

Brad wrote:

> i now nominate honey as the funniest list member.

I second that.  Although St. Lucy's letter had me rolling, too.  One
little flaw with Honey's letter's though...can ya guess?  That's right,
they were all about Belle and Sebastian.  Wholly unrealistic.

If no one minds (and someone will) I have a couple of favors to ask:

1) Could everyone please stop ending their letters with "Um...Belle and
Sebastian content"?  It makes it sound like it's something painful, like
a fee.  "Oh, I *would* write to 500 strangers about my love life, stress
over school and make dumb "jokes" about not putting spaces in sentences,
but...then I'd have to write something about B&S, so it's just not worth
it."  So here's my point: write about whatever you want, but don't make
writing about Belle and Sebastian sound like some sort of chore.
Please.  Because there are those of us who could write volumes on the
tiniest of B&S details, but don't out of respect for the people who
prefer to stay awake.

2) Not that I'm going to have many fans after #1, but it's driving me
slightly crazy that there are three unreleased B&S songs that I still
haven't heard.  These would be "...Middle Distance Runner", "Rhoda" and
"Tigermilk".  If anyone has these songs, I would gladly make some sort
of trade.  What can I offer besides the Kajagoogoo bootlegs?  Um, an REM
bootleg from before they were signed (it's incredible), several Grant
Lee Buffalo bootlegs and I have access to a wide selection of American
indie rock, heavy on the North Carolina music.  Mail me privately if you
would be so kind as to provide me with said gems.  Thanks.

At the risk of sounding like one of Paul's made-up posts, I heard three
songs off the new one and I was ear-to-ear all day.  They just keep
getting better and better.  I would go on and on about how perfect it
is, but I'm all self-conscious now.

God bless,
    Reid