Sinister: Some pertinent observations about my manor

Ian Turton buffalo at xxx.uk
Fri Aug 21 15:38:17 BST 1998

david kitchen wrote:

> list meet ups?
>
> the obligatory place for the shepherds bush one is in the pub next door,
> anyone want to donate some money to hire the function room? we'll
> probably need it :)
>
> we're still sorting out the club afterwards, will be trying for a late
> license so cross your fingers for us and wish us luck.

I presume you mean the Fringe and Firkin on the corner ? Please God not the
Walkabout. It's got lots of (takes nose between thumb and forefinger, pulls
head back) *Australians* in there. Shhhhhhiver. I did mention the Bushranger
round the corner, which has a free upstairs room with an integral bar and
balcony. It holds about 50 or so people comfortably, and should be pretty
empty that early on a Monday night, so we could have the whole room to
ourselves. I could do some checking (to make sure it's open at that time),
although the word 'obligatory' in the above mail has an air of ominous
finality ;)  I'm a good boy really, and I'll go wherever I'm told.

Oh, and as requested, here's a 'good luck' for the after-gig doo-dah.

regards,

Turt