Sinister: corrupt b+s dreams

jessica tinystar at xxx.com
Tue Aug 25 03:22:20 BST 1998

Hi,

I seem to get stage fright quite often when faced with posting to this
list, but for the moment that has been overcome so away we go!

I had a dream a couple of nights ago, which I think was actually dreamt in
the wee hours of the morning, since I woke up feeling as though I needed to
call Ahren and tell him the news...but I'm getting ahead of myself here.
There's a new boy who has been hired at work, Ahren is his name, he's a
couple years younger than me but yikes, is he ever a cutie!  I've found
myself often thinking devlish thoughts about devlish things, which somehow
involve him (I swear I don't know how these things work themselves into my
head), it's safe to say that yes, I am crushing over Ahren (and if he
happens to love b+s and read this list, I will now, on cue, melt away into
the rug).  But in my dream, I had somehow heard the new b+s, in some sort
of secretive fashion, and it was up to me to let Ahren know about it...I
was calling him on a cell phone at an early hour and trying to describe the
music, the beauty of it and how it was just flowing and tugging at my
heartstrings, and also trying to wake him up because he was still sleeping
and really couldn't comprehend the importance of it all, and it was vital
that he did because darnit, this is Belle and Sebastian we're talking about
here, and this is the sort of news that would send many kids into a wicked
frenzy, but not Ahren, because he was still in the waking hours of his day
and his words and thoughts were all blurry, and he sort of understood why I
was getting so excited, but he told me that I should really not have woken
him up for this news, so I promptly went over to his house (in dreams I can
telelport somehow) and played him some b+s, and all of a sudden he GOT IT!
and I could see the flicker as the bulb lit up in his head, and he then
knew exactly why I had called him at 5am to tell him a b+s story.

Oh, and we lived happily ever after.  Of course.

truly,
jessica

Someone had spied on us, I suppose, as we sat beside the canal and ate the
sandwiches, drinking not even orangeade or Coca-Cola but hot milk out of a
thermos.