Sinister: jackals, false grails...

Joss Moorkens JMoorkens at xxx.ie
Tue Aug 25 16:24:54 BST 1998

Hi Pals.

Couple things. Firstly, I'm going to New York from September 12th until
the 27th. If anyone is organising a meeting or there's anything fun
going on, could someone mail me to my 'roaming' address. Ha ha. It's
joss at bboy.com. Secondly, I am bored enough in work to attempt my first
ink polaroids. I expect you all to slag freely and ignore me in the chat
room if you find them terribly poor.

This one was taken in my flat last night/this morning. It's 5am and wee
listee Nickie has just left. Leagues - my flatmate - and I are lying on
the sofa giggling and saying"oooiiiillllll". We are drunk. On the other
sofa sits Nickie's friend Maureen and Leagues' pal Pat, gazing into each
others eyes. I am peering over the edge of the sofa to see if they've
started kissing each other yet and report my findings to Leagues because
he's too afraid to look himself.

This one appeared in Kerrang! It was taken in the tiny Alpha Tearooms in
Dublin. Leagues is sitting with Aidan Walsh. He is a madman who performs
the Hokey Cokey regularly, believes himself to be the emperor of eagles
and has a penchant for being photographed with famous bands. Like the
Frank & Walters. Bizarrely enough, rock band Def Leppard have just
walked in. The Kerrang! photographer is taking a picture of  Sheffield's
finest whilst Aidan peers at them over the shoulder of an embarassed
Leagues. His mouth is open as he repeats "who are they Leaguesh?". This
became a centrespread in the aforementioned rock weekly. There will be a
documentary film about Mr. Walsh on channel 4 soon. Really.
love from Joss

me at home is jossleag at iol.ie
P.S. I reckon the new Mercury Rev lp is magnificent. Has anyone else
heard it yet?
....8,9,10....Sir Cliff...Go!