Sinister: Rolling Stone review of TBWTAS

padraic doorey padraic_fresheire at xxx.com
Wed Aug 26 12:40:30 BST 1998

something i'd like to share:

when i was a little regional indie-kid in ireland and didn't know
anything better i used to buy rolling stone in a small newsagents in
carlow.  i used to think it was the bible.  they had a gorgeous
picture of sinead on the cover once.

and then one day they gave X by INXS four stars and commented "X marks
the apex of this aussie outfits career"..... (for some reason, these
words have stayed with me for over eight years).

rolling stone journos should be ignored ("no shit,
sherlock!").....they are parasites of music and will easily put *fabu*
bands like belle & seb in the same category as mariah carey or some
other BS.  a rolling stone four star review means sweet fook all
because they will give a four star review to some shite outfit like
the pasedenas (remember them?) in the next issue.  throwaway stars if
you like.  (but don't put them in your pocket).

reading rolling stone led to months of rocking in a foetal poition and
screaming silently at the walls of my parents house.

lah lah lah.

"read hot press" is what my therapist said.

and i'd like to point out that i have never seen a rabbit on o'connell
street in my life.

plans for after the london gig?  my suggestion is indie night at
heaven (under the arches at villiers street).  great music, a free
beer on entry and admission is only a quid.  it stays open until four
also.

Lady Penelope.