Sinister: Looper at the beatroom

Chris Leonard cleonard at xxx.COM
Wed Aug 26 16:07:29 BST 1998

Last night miss julia and I attended the Beatroom recording of Looper
and V-Twin in the lovely lovely plush Polo Lounge in Glasgow.  It was
great, it was full of like minded gay homosexuals who winked at me as I
minced about laughing fayly.  There was also one of those boys who
dresses up as a lady and tells rude jokes.   I found that a little
scary, basically cos her colours did nothing for her and her hair was a
mess.  And that was just upstairs!  Downstairs they were filming the
thing.

Now this was my first step into the world of television, and I reckon I
was pretty good.  I played the part of someone in the pub, watching some
bands play.   I was instructed to act naturally, like I was really
enjoying myself.  It took me a while to get the motivation right, but
once I did I was great.  By the end of the thing I was even clapping and
whooping at the same time.

Looper played four songs I think- the single, something with a wee
megaphone, festival95 and spaceboy one.

Someone said:
Isn't it funny how this is filming for digital tv, so that the sound
will be crystal clear.  Then Loopy Stuart goes and sings through a mini
megaphone, to make it all distorted.  "Faced with reality in a dream" or
what.  Tube.

It was very sweet I like looper.

Now then, as you know I've never been one to voice my opinions but this
will change now.   I had never seen V-Twin before but I had heard and
quite enjoyed that "gifted" song.  But my god they are pish.  Wee Chris
was rockin out on the guitar on one tune which was entertaining.  Or it
would have been if they were any use.  Utter shite.  My acting abilities
were really pushed to the limit to play the pleased punter in the pub
after that monstrosity.  I'm sure they're nice lads an that though.
<all opinions expressed here are my own and in no way reflect the
opinions of my employer>

And that was about it.  Miss Julia and I returned upstairs where she
wanted to watch the drag act but I pulled her out forcefully, crying.

Hello! to the sleepy challenged listee Calumn who we met last night.
Hello Calumn.

Cheerio,
   Christopher.