Sinister: How Are We Diddling?

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Aug 28 09:23:44 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

As you all know, I'm really dead hard and working class and stuff. In spite
of this, I must agree with Molly that "Kolya" is a smashing film, especially
the cinema bit. In fact I was so worried about bursting into big girlie
tears that I got up and kicked fuck out of the screen and panelled everyone
in sight so that no one would notice. Of course, the classic film with
kiddies in is "Whistle Down the Wind". I think the director is Bryan Forbes,
Nanette Newman's husband, but I'm so far from sure. Nanette Newman sings on
"You Can't Always Get What You Want". I've never quite got the hang of that
little P!O!O! fact.

"From Chariot's Vault -16 Reggae Hits -Volume 2" is the spookily appropriate
title of my latest musical purchase. It's great. My new hero is Denzil
Laing. It also includes a highly erotic track called "Bedroom Mazurka", very
much in keeping with the B&S ethic. I also bought "The Donkey Years" by
Derrick Harriot and the Jiving Juniors, but I don't like it quite as much,
apart from one or two tracks.

All quiet on the Watson front this week. I disapprove wholeheartedly. "What
is the use," thought Alice, "of a birthday party without Keith?"

A good magazine to read is Record Collector. It has lots of interesting
articles about obscure old artists and when you've finished them you can
read all the adverts at the back until you go blind. I recently read all
about Sonny Bono and Doctor John, neither of whom had previously interested
me in excess, but I found it quite entertaining. I suppose it might appeal
more to the sad old fart brigade, but you could always give it a whirl,
pop-kids!

Still lovin' that sugar rush,

Bobby Chariot