Sinister: Serge Gainsbourg in Record Collector

Kevan Cooke kcooke at xxx.uk
Fri Aug 28 10:36:00 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

As there has been a small amount of interest prompted by the Scottish pop
antics of last week, I thought you might like to know that there is a fairly
sizable article on Serge Gainsbourg in Record Collector this month.

Now some of you may feel that Record Collector is a particularly sad magazine
for particularly sad people, so I feel it neccessary to point out that I do
not buy Record Collector myself.  My boss at work regularly spends fifty quid
on a rare mono pressing of some Monkees compilation that he's already got,
hence Record Collector.

Of course I don't buy any music magazines myself, nor do I listen to the
radio or watch popular music programmes on the television.  Instead I rely
on my moist slug antennae to pick out the choicest indie no-hopers as I
leave my sticky trail around the local record store.

Kevan
The Fat Slug