Sinister: bring me the pants of Tom Cox

Honey honey at xxx.net
Sat Aug 29 13:46:53 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

"Pop: Belle & Sebastian"

Tom Cox, The Guardian Guide, 29th August 1998

"Glasgow's Belle and Sebastian are sensitive, lamb-like souls who
don't like being written about, let alone interviewed; I wouldn't be
surprised if they took a contract out on me for previewing their gig,
were it not for the fact that they're such out and out wimps.  They
prefer to "let them music do the talking" which is allowed, in this
case, since it speaks the same language as Love, Nick Drake, The
Lovin' Spoonful and The Go-Betweens.  Introverted leader Stuart
Murdoch is one of the few songwriters that can write intimately about
Boots The Chemist and get away with it.  But beware: his legion of
bedroom saddo devotees is now almost as frighteningly obsessive as
those of Meat Is Murder-era Morrisey.  Take some poetry and a bunch
of flowers so you blend in."

.. which I think is a cracking review, not just of the band but of
us!  There's a lot of giggling going on over breakfast here.  Poor
Tom.

honey, funnily enough, in a bedroom xxx