Sinister: Mice, Cheeses, and Electronic Renaissances

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Sun Aug 30 19:06:21 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Heinitz wrote:
>       So, Frog the mouse is now residing in my bedroom. I did some initial
> research on mice to find out what to feed him, but the books would only help me
> in determining his type (Frog is a house-mouse). I have given him some hamster
> food and a malteser. He seems unimpressed.
>       Does anybody know what mice eat?

	Why, cheese of course! Don't they? Or maybe that was just the cartoons.
You know, like you're not actually supposed to give cats milk, but boy
do they love it. Cheese, too, come to think of it. Or at least ours do.
I'm not absolutely positive, but I'll bet dogs like cheese as well. But
me, I hate cheese. Yet, I like milk. Hopefully your mouse won't be at
all like me, else you'll have to be feeding it french fries (or "chips"
I suppose ;)...
	So I finally got a second tape of Tigermilk (lost the first one) and
I've decided that I like it much better this time around. As for the
first couple of times, my favorite song, contrary to popular opinion, is
Electronic Renaissance. Actually one of my favorite songs by them at the
moment, though I haven't heard the new album because a certain departing
listee took too long sending me a dub ;)  No matter, I'm content having
heard "Rhoda" which is vastly more hip than hearing the new album,
especially since I'm not even sure where it came from, or perhaps where
it'll go. Oh yes, back to Tigermilk. Well I think that it has some songs
which are stunningly wonderful, and I finally brought myself to enjoy
"The State I Am in," the first time I listened to the album proper. It
must have taken a good 20 listes before I could listen to it without
saying "This is pish." Anyway, there are several songs on the album that
I think are kinda weak, so I'm going to say that it isn't as reliable as
...Sinister..., but the high points are higher. Tigermilk is like a
series of steep pinnacles and valleys, whereas Sinister is a lovely soft
plateau that doesn't reach quite as high, but likewise doesn't reach
quite as low. Just my take on things, anyway.

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - mick at indiepop.com - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - sandcastlerecords at indiepop.com