Sinister: Dearly Beloved....

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Aug 31 09:31:56 BST 1998

      *---*      HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER BABIES    *---*

Good morning troops. At ease!

May I applaud Belle and Sebastian for the touching gesture of organising the
first concert of their major world tour to coincide with the first
anniversary of the tragic death of Our Lady of Sorrows, Diana, Princess of
Wales.

Sadly, I won't be able to attend tonight's performance, but I'll be
clutching my Fantasy Song League coupon in fevered anticipation of a 5p song
double whammy from nippy little winger Mad Dog Murdoch.

Yesterday I was listening to Reading Festival on the radio. It was
SUPERGRASS, and when they did their enormous hit song they were boosted by
large-scale audience participation. I suddenly had a terrifying vision of a
field full of thousands of identical ROD BEGBIES singing "Have a fag, stub
it out" in happy unison. I also heard RANCID. They were pretty poo, but not
quite as bad as I had imagined. They did a SHAM 69 cover for a start, so
that can't be bad. In an interview situation they tend towards the
monosyllabic, but they did claim to have lots of fans in Jamaica. Can this
be true? What else did I hear? ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN - not the same without
the proper drummer - and a very pleasant BUTCH VIG interview.

 I hope you're all going to give Oon a traditional warm-hearted Glasgow
welcome - staright off the train and into the Horseshoe Bar for at least
four pints.

Yours sincerely,
Commander James Hewitt