Sinister: humvee?

Robin Stout Ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Tue Dec 1 11:35:39 GMT 1998

Arye (?) said
> Can anyone tell me what HMV stands for?

Yes it stands for His Master's Voice and it's logo is a little dog
looking into the big trumpet of a gramophone. I suppose the idea is
that the recordings on HMV gramophone records were so good that the
little doggy could even recognise his master's voice recorded on one.
Quite sweet really. Unless his master said "Fetch me my slippers!" or
"Walkies!" - then I suppose the dog would get slightly confused. Oh
well, dogs are daft anyway.

Robin