Sinister: non-B&S: sexlist query

candy darling rkb200 at xxx.edu
Tue Dec 1 17:37:20 GMT 1998

I figured since some listmembers might be interested...
OK, someone mentioned it on another band mailing list I'm on
and I think it's a good idea, so I'm writing to see if anyone would be
interested in a sex list. I'd start one, at a free server like onelist or
possibly consider a manual list, but if people want anonymity they can
open a hotmail or yahoo account or something like that. Anyway, the idea
is just a list based around sex, broadly construed, so it would encompass
everything from "how-to" questions to sharing experiences to "this song is
really great to have sex to" to "I think Brian Molko (insert sexy rock
star here) is really hot" etc. Whatever, pretty much. For instance, on the
other list I'm on we've talked about everything from sex during pregnancy
to masturbation to anal sex to birth control to circumcision to what foods
are good to eat before giving a blow job to "is the word 'slut' sexist?"
to "should I break up with my boyfriend because he wants to have sex and I
don't?" to pornography to "am I gay/straight/bi?" to what celebrity we'd
most want to sleep with. Like I said, pretty broad topic, and EVERYONE is
welcome, unless you spam the list or start flaming people.

So that's the plan, and I'm just trying to see how many people would be
interested. I can't really predict how much traffic there would be, but
onelist also has a digest section. I'd make sure there was a way to kick
people off the list if they were being totally rude or inappropriate,
cause it's a PEOPLE list, not a call for spam from people trying to sell
what-EVER, but I'd also be putting up a website telling people about the
list and welcoming all different people from all over.

OK, I've gone on long enough, so just think it over and let me know and
please pass on to any lists or people you think might be interested.

Rachel Bussel

rkb200 at is5.nyu.edu