Sinister: Chaste, but never caught

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Tue Dec 1 22:42:29 GMT 1998

Hello Young Lovers,

It's competition time, and there is a big BIG prize.  I am offering a
fantastic tape of my favourite soul stompers to anyone who can tell me
what Trousers was wittering on about in his last mail.  I didn't
understand a bloody word of it.

Anyhoo, Hal Hartley.  Belle and Sebastian fans are obliged to like
him, aren't they?  Of course, for our transatlantic chums, this is old
news, but the Warrander John and I went to see "Henry Fool" last
night.  I was a bit wary of going to the pictures with him after he
rather forwardly invited me into "Santa's Chocolate Grotto" to
celebrate the first day of Advent, but once I'd persuaded him that
necking in the back row was a no-no on our first date, we went along.
Now I'm a big Hal fan, but the first few minutes made me nervous.  "Oh
no, this is going to be crap", I thought.  Then someone threw up all
over someone else's naked buttocks (no, it wasn't John), and
everything got suddenly better.  It's actually one of those films that
you think about the next day and think "oooh, that bit was good",
rather than one you enjoy at the time and have forgotten about as soon
as you hit the bar afterwards.  In the bar afterwards, John and I
talked about you all for a while, that's why your ears were burning.
Brad and Genevieve, your ears should be truly ablaze by now.  But you
know what, it was all said with love.  Well, lust anyway.

Sex list??  I'm scared and I want my Mum.  I can't even seek chaste
sanctuary at the Shalala Monastery since Brother Duke has renounced
his vow of chastity and admitted his desire to "have it off" with
Isobel.  What was left of my innocence was dashed against the rocks by
that particular revelation, believe me.

Goodnight,
Love,
Tag xxx

PS Is it Alan Horne?

PPS Joyeux anniversaire a la fille la plus renardeuse de ma vie.