Sinister: On the CS Lewis tip: never too late

Jessica Murphy jmurphy at xxx.Edu
Wed Dec 2 01:31:07 GMT 1998

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, aaron tieger wrote:
> Does anyone know Lewis' criticism? I've only read one
> essay, on Donne, and I want to know if the rest of
> his criticism is as moronic as that piece. Sadly, I
> never got to read the books as a child, and I think
> I've missed my window.

Oh no, Aaron, the window never closes on wonderful writing, does it?
I hope not.  Sorry, I don't mean to attack you...  Anyway, the last time I
was visiting home and couldn't sleep, I re-read my old copy of "The
Magician's Nephew" and I enjoyed it as much as ever.

The only "grown-up" work by Lewis that I've read is "A Grief Considered,"
but it's not literary criticism; it's a meditation on the death of his
wife. Less cheering than the Narnia books, although they seem to contain
some serious thoughts on death & life too...

Boy, that sounded somber!

jessica m