Sinister: Shadowlands

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Wed Dec 2 10:11:44 GMT 1998

My loved listerines :

All I knew about CS Lewis I had learnt it seeing Atemborough's film ,
before the list decided to change its smutty profile into some sort of
mystical style...I was quite reluctant to see the film, Attemborough is
not my cup of tea, really but I have to confess I truly enjoyed it and
wasted about one full packet of Kleenex that afternoon.

Then few years later, I met a guy in real life who resembles CS Lewis, he
is in Cambridge, he thinks he is wasting his time , should he quit
literature and knowledge for the taste of life, the taste of sex, sweat,
blood , rent paying and so? we started to exchange e mails talking about
Rilke and his metaphysical conception of not corresponded love, or Housman
and his unhappy fate. After some experiences with boys expert in arab
straps , the idea of being his own Debra Winger started to twist inside my
little and crazy head.But when we spent a day together a month ago I
thought taking him out from his imprisonment in an ancient college was a
too hard labour for me,seeing the theoretical chemistry between us, did
not exist in a  ummm, smutty sense??? I avoided carefully even holding
hands and have turned my eyes since then towards not so profound males
who has even read some novel written after 2nd World War

Who said Chickfactor was a bad song? I LUV IT!!!I also have a Neil Diamond
compilation and really like Sweet Caroline , so I am not very trustworthy
either.But my favourites lately are She is losing it , My wandering days
are over (will they be over some time, I have discovered there is a
Japanese restaurant in Nottingham , will you be there?)and Pocketbook
angel, because my best friend is a marketing analyst, and she regards her
job as the least poetic one in the world, so she will be really gland when
in Christmas listening to my RS tape she would find out there is a song
about them.

Could anyone suggest what I could listen by Nick Drake ? I have nothing by
him...and just some suggestion, try some Jacques Brel, Philippe supports
my idea that probably most of you would find his songs fantastic, and Tim
Buckley and family, of course.

One final remark : does anyone in the list want to share Jeremy Irons? My
housemate,who is a converted into B&S thanks to my proselytism,and I
have
agreed we wouldn't mind to share him as well some massive country house in
Wiltshire for ex.Even if there is no sex there, we want to marry you,
Jeremy!

xxxx

Arantxa = Arantzazu ( which means the one who wanders through spines )A