Sinister: A NOVEL I HOPE YOU CAN APPRECIATE.

Jarkko Fr�ntil� frantila at xxx.com
Wed Dec 2 13:59:01 GMT 1998

                                FORESEEN

At the party.

He looks at her: Her grey eyes are too far away from her nose, her short
brown hair is too greasy to say she's goodlooking, but as she's staring
out the window, down the street and at the people walking there, he
decides.
He walks to her.
"Hey", he says.
No response.
"Hey", he says again, now a little louder. Still nothing.
Disappointed, he walks back to his chair.

At the park.

He takes his jacket and walks out. He's just passing the parkbench when
he hears somone walking behind him.
"Hey! Wait!"
He turns around and sees her running to him.
"Would you like to walk me home?" she says, staring at him with her blue
eyes. He smiles.
"I thought I'd never hear that question again", he says. They turn
around and walk towards her apartment.

At her place.

They both are nervous. They stare at the wall, looking for things to
say.
"Would you like something to drink?" she asks.
"Yes."
She goes to the kitchen, pours two vodkadrinks into two glasses and
comes back to the livingroom.
"Here."
"Thank you."
They both drink their vodkas down with one quick handmove.
Silent for a while. Then she stares at him with her light brown eyes.
"Would you like to do it?"
"Yes."
Hand in hand they walk to the bedroom.

On the bed, after they've made love.

The man lits a cigarette. Inhales. The thick smoke lingers towards the
ceiling, where it decides to spread itself around the room.
"Do you love me?" she asks. He inhales smoke again, blows it out,
gently.
"Maybe", he says. She remains silent for a while, until a silvery tear
slowly appears to her cheek.
"It's ok", she says, trying to hold back the tears, but she can't help
herself.
"Is it?" he asks her, putting the cigarette into the ashtray and putting
his arm around her, kissing her on the cheek. The tears are salty, but
he doesn't mind.
"Yes. It's ok."

Two months later, at the beach.

Their bare feet leave footprints behind them, as they walk near the
waterline. It's dark, and there is no-one else there. The wind is
blowing, heavily.
"Storm is coming", he says, staring at the horizon. She doesn't answer,
just lets the sand eat away her toes. After a while, she takes his arm
and puts it around her body.
"I've got something to tell you."
"Yes?"
She sighs, looking for words, trying to find some courage.
"Im... blind."
She's surprised to hear him laugh.
"I know", he says.
"you do?"
First lighting. The tide slowly creeps towards their footprints.
"I noticed it in the party. Your stare was too... distant, too fragile."
They both stop walking, turn around to face each other. He stares at her
blue eyes. She stares at him too, sees that the eyes that had been a
light mix of green and grey slowly turn blueish.
"I have something to tell you too", he says. "Two years ago... I had an
accident."
She puts her finger to his mouth, silencing him.
"Shh", she says. "No need for that anymore. I can see it now."
The tide now erases their footprints. It starts to rain. First a few
raindrops drift towards the ground, but after a while he and she kiss in
the eye of the storm, letting the wind blow away through them.

@--->--- Love, Jarkko Fräntilä.

Ps: Whats this crushlist people are talking about in here?